Wednesday, March 24, 2010

sweet like honey to my soul

Happy Spring Equinox + Philippine summer!

Hello again, world, I'm back. I know I've been gone for the longest time, as a lot of things have happened to me, & I've so much to blab about, I dunno really where to start. But I think this is the perfect time to pick up where we've last left off, so to speak, since the Sun is back in Aries, & Mars has gone direct again in Leo. I have more time to blog as a result, & I can't wait to enjoy the rest of this year's summer. Happy 2010, everyone!

Before I recount every little thing that went by me from my last post until now, let me tell you how I've fallen in love with Estee Lauder Sensuous, a "warm, luminous, feminine woody amber" scent that my mom gave me late last year, just before Christmas, I think. So I got the 100ml bottle, actually, & I kinda cringed at the thought of wearing something woody, thinking it would suit my mom better. I believe she thought it was too "mild" for her liking, that's why she passed it on to me instead, saying I could use some of this to "feel more like my age," ugh. "So what if I'm already 30?!" I retort, since I still get mistaken for a 23-year-old with my crazy antics & no-makeup look. Worse, I wouldn't mind being caught dead wearing the same old scent I had in high school + college until this very day. I got curious, though, especially with the hype online. Plus, I had nothing left to wear with my all-black ensemble at work back then, so I had no choice but to spritz it on. I'm very glad I did.

It's actually sweeter than what I had in mind. Very smooth, too, indeed. Suitable enough even for quirky, juvenile me. To quote from the Now Smell This blog: "It is one of those rare scents that I'd call pleasant and wearable and interesting..." & it does feel/smell like warm honey, but not gooey or sticky or cloying at all. Yes, it does wear wonderfully even in disgusting humid weather, but I don't agree with its staying power on skin. I even have to spritz more than expected of an eau de parfum. It's that light & easygoing. It smells lovely on my clothes & bag, anyway, so, yay.

Maybe this is what product endorser/model Elizabeth Hurley meant when she said, "I think to be sensual you need to feel relaxed." I can wear it at any time of the day, or season, or with any color, & it would feel perfect regardless. Gwyneth Paltrow did say that, "There's a sort of free, sort of beachy sensuous feeling in the summer time..." & this could very much complement that mood. Best of all, I don't need to act all womanly + fully grown-up to flaunt this scent. I can just be myself, without compromising its qualities.

I'd gladly get another 100ml bottle of this once this runs out. I have only 1/3 left. I love it like that. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment